(WEHT)- Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Loretta Rush released a statement Saturday following the passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
In a year already marked by significant suffering and loss, the death of Justice Ruth Bader
Ginsburg hits especially hard. I join others in mourning the passing of a trailblazer, changemaker, and inspiration to many.
Justice Ginsburg’s work provided both men and women an opportunity to better their lives.
She was a hero to many of us in our legal careers, and a cultural icon outside the legal
profession. And her civility and genuine friendship with those who had differing opinions
show her as an example of a leader to model.
To those of us who emulate her, this is not just the loss of a powerful leader and
statesperson, but the personal loss of a mentor. We offer our condolences to her family and
share in their grieving. Justice Ginsburg’s memory should inspire each of us to effect
positive change in this world
(This story was originally published on September 19, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: City Commissioners Pam Smith-Wright and Larry Conder
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: Mayor Tom Watson and Dracin Williams
- Long time Henderson buffet closing temporarily
- Man accused of killing Fairfield teenager pleads not guilty in first court appearance
- Monarch Beverage Company selling assets, laying off 56 employees