INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say three people in Indianapolis were shot, including one fatally, during what they described as peaceful daytime protests over the death of George Floyd giving way to unrest and destruction later.
Indianapolis police gave no details Saturday night on what caused the shootings but said no officers were involved. Protests became dangerous for a second straight night in Indianapolis as buildings were damaged, officers deployed tear gas and at least one business was briefly on fire.
(This story was originally published on May 31, 2020)
- Man who was struck by lightning on roof of Berry Global has died
- Turnoi’s has closed the dining room at all locations due to COVID-19
- Second stimulus check: As White House signals support, payments become campaign issue
- SEC Continuing to Mull Options as Conference-Only Schedule May be End Result
- EWSU will not shut off utilities until August 15