The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is updating the Indiana State Railroad Plan, which is required to be done every four years.
The plan is used to find out how to improve freight and passenger railroad transportation throughout the state.
In the interest of transparency, INDOT is sharing the development and implementation of the new plan.
An online survey is now available to the general public.
Railroad industry representatives met in September to discuss the plan, and will meet again in February and May.
For the next few months, INDOT will conduct virtual and phone interviews with Indiana shippers and freight organizations to get feedback.
The goal is to make railroad transportation more safe, efficient, and convenient.
In taking the survey, you will have the option to complete one survey on either freight and passenger rail — or you can complete both surveys.
You can take the survey, track the progress and find updates in the Rail section of INDOT’s website.
(This story was originally published on October 1, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Fate of Ellis Park could be in jeopardy after Kentucky Supreme Court decision
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: The UE Board of Trustees
- Local veterans get help from U.S. Veterans Center
- West Virginia man arrested in Vanderburgh County, charged with soliciting child after sending photos
- Route chosen for new I-69 bridge