The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is updating the Indiana State Railroad Plan, which is required to be done every four years.
The plan is used to find out how to improve freight and passenger railroad transportation throughout the state.
In the interest of transparency, INDOT is sharing the development and implementation of the new plan.
An online survey is now available to the general public.
Railroad industry representatives met in September to discuss the plan, and will meet again in February and May.
For the next few months, INDOT will conduct virtual and phone interviews with Indiana shippers and freight organizations to get feedback.
The goal is to make railroad transportation more safe, efficient, and convenient.
In taking the survey, you will have the option to complete one survey on either freight and passenger rail — or you can complete both surveys.
You can take the survey, track the progress and find updates in the Rail section of INDOT’s website.
(This story was originally published on October 1, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total
- Neighbors alert homeowner of gun theft
- Henderson Co. soccer forced to forfeit semi-state game
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US