CRAWFORD CO., Ind. (WEHT) – Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating the death of Travis Ray St. Martin after his body was recovered from Patoka Lake Sunday evening.
An investigation reportedly revealed two women were in a tube attached to a boat when they fell off and struggled to stay afloat. Multiple people from the boat jumped into the water to assist them and recovered one woman. St. Martin reportedly disappeared under the water.
The other woman was recovered by another group of people and has been released from a Louisville hospital. St. Martin’s preliminary cause of death has been ruled an accidental drowning, drugs and alcohol are not considered to be contributing factors.
While officials say that while life jackets were on the boat, none were in use.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 7, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office apprehend fleeing suspect
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville
- Evansville mother accused of son’s death scheduled to stand trial in June
- HCSO: Henderson County woman falls asleep while driving, hits garbage truck