BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WEHT)- Vauhxx Booker and his attorney Katharine Liell issued a statement after charges were filed against Sean Purdy in connection to an incident at Lake Monroe over July 4th weekend.
Purdy received several felony charges including Criminal Confinement with Bodily Injury and Battery Resulting in Moderate Bodily Injury. In a statement, Booker and Liell write that the FBI is continuing to investigate the incident as a possible hate crime.
(This story was originally published on July 29, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Posey County deputy, New Harmony Towm Marshal recognized for saving man
- Warrick Co school board approves hiring of additional teachers
- Habitat for Humanity Breaks Ground on St. Theresa Place
- Diocese of Evansville Catholic Education Office: Third student tests positive for COVID-19
- Dubois County COVID-19 cases surge with highest positivity rate in state