BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WEHT)- Vauhxx Booker and his attorney Katharine Liell issued a statement after charges were filed against Sean Purdy in connection to an incident at Lake Monroe over July 4th weekend.
Purdy received several felony charges including Criminal Confinement with Bodily Injury and Battery Resulting in Moderate Bodily Injury. In a statement, Booker and Liell write that the FBI is continuing to investigate the incident as a possible hate crime.
(This story was originally published on July 29, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- JD Sheth Foundation looking for honorably discharged veterans for their first Evansville housing project
- Evansville doctor urges vaccines as flu season approaches
- Two men airlifted with serious injuries after Wayne County crash
- Duke Energy employees donate time to clean up downtown Princeton
- Henderson and UK students show support for family of Lofton Hazelwood