LOGANSPORT, Ind. — Funeral services were held today for fallen Marine Cpl. Humberto Sanchez.
The Logansport native was among 13 U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan in August.
Funeral services were open to the public and began at 11 a.m. at LifeGate Church.
People were encouraged to line the procession route to Mt. Hope Cemetery, where Sanchez was laid to rest.
A Garrison flag was positioned at Burlington and Cliff Streets, where the procession stopped for approximately 30 seconds.
The procession route is listed below:
- Life Gate Church (831 Burlington Ave., Logansport)
- North or left on Burlington Ave. to Garrison Flag at Cliff Street, continue north to Market Street
- East or right on Market Street to 6th Street
- North or left on 6th Street to Hanna Street
- East or right on Hanna Street to Pleasant Hill
- North or left on Pleasant Hill to Grant Street (Mt. Hope Cemetery)