EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- Local faith leaders held an online interfaith service at Temple Adath B’nai in Evansville Monday to remember and honor those who have died from COVID-19.
The religious leaders also addressed recent protests surrounding the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. Reverend Adrian Brooks said it’s time for a change.
“After all of the contributions and innovations and interventions that we have facilitated in this country, after all of the cultural enlightenment we have tried to give this country, and to come to this place where we are still denigrated and discriminated against based on our color, time for this country to acknowledge it is wrong and to make those wrongs right.”Rev. Adrian Brooks
The service also featured prayers from First Presbyterian Church, St. Benedict Church, and remarks from Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke.
(This story was originally published on June 1, 2020.)
- School bus driver, 7-year-old girl killed in Tennessee crash
- Maskless pope blames ‘this lady called COVID’ for distance
- Anxiety 2020: Voters worry about safety at the polls
- Trump to appeal to Nevada voters from neighboring Arizona
- Zeta re-strengthens to a hurricane, takes aim at Gulf Coast