(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Indiana makes adjustments to court operations during pandemic
- Salvation Army asking for donations to help vulnerable community
- Vanderburgh County property taxes have been mailed
- Senator Mike Braun discusses COVID-19, small businesses
- What is social distancing? Understanding the best tool to fight the coronavirus