KENTUCKY (WEHT) – Extended federal unemployment aid stops this weekend in Kentucky.
This affects about 4,700 people who have been impacted by the pandemic.
The United States Department of Labor said the number of Kentuckians applying to receive the extended aid fell below the qualifying threshold, meaning the state will be barred from payments for at least 13 weeks.
(This story was originally published on November 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- University of Kentucky student facing charges after U.S. Capitol riot
- Police presence outnumbers protesters at Kentucky Capitol
- Kentucky Capitol to close Sunday, increase security for several days
- Beshear sets in motion one-time payments to unemployed
- State Representative Lisa Willner to file bills protecting protesters, de-militarizing police