FRANKFORT, Ky (AP) — Kentucky Lt. Gov. Jacqueline Coleman has announced that a statue of Nettie Depp, an education reformer and Kentucky native, will be unveiled in the state Capitol next August.
Depp is the first woman to be honored in sculpture in the Capitol building. In the early 20th century, Depp was a school reformer and suffragist, as well as the first woman elected to public office in Barren County.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Juvenile victim in critical condition after being shot in the neck
- INDOT announces changes to major intersection
- Woman taken to hospital after being hit by vehicle in Evansville
- Evansville district to pay $1,000 to each school employee
- Frustrations up among some Kentucky unemployment claimers after new site shuts down