MOUNT VERNON, Ky. (AP) — Officials say a company that manufactures metal compressed air sprayers plans to open a production plant in eastern Kentucky that will create up to 100 jobs.
Gov. Andy Beshear said Tuesday in a statement that Chapin International Inc. plans to relocate part of existing operations in New York and Ohio to the facility in Rockcastle County.
The 175,000-square-foot plant will produce and distribute sprayers for a variety of uses.
Officials say the Mount Vernon location will help the company better serve customers throughout North America.
The plant is expected to start operating by end of this year.
(This story was originally published on September 30, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- These Senate seats are up for election in 2022
- CDC: Boosters 90 percent effective against hospitalization from omicron
- Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly involved in multi-car crash that injured 1
- Brian Laundrie’s notebook: Gabby Petito’s fiancé took responsibility for her death, FBI says
- Senate Dems determined to save Build Back Better package