FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky state Sen. Gerald Neal is hospitalized after testing positive for COVID-19.
Senate Minority Floor Leader Morgan McGarvey said Tuesday that Neal checked himself into the hospital as a precautionary measure. He says Neal is upbeat and his prognosis is good. Neal is a Louisville Democrat who has served in the Senate for 30-plus years.
Neal is the second Kentucky lawmaker in the past week to contract the coronavirus. Democratic state Rep. Attica Scott of Louisville announced Sunday that she tested positive for the virus and that she’ll quarantine for 14 days.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- EVSC and VCHD to host vaccine clinics at area high schools
- Warning lights installed at Hwy 65 Boonville-New Harmony Rd intersection
- Where are they on that project: Apollo High School expansion
- Purdue Extension announces Add a Row produce share program
- Kentucky schools inform families of “redo” school year option