FRANKFORT, Ky. (WEHT)- Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner and Kentucky State Fair Board member, Dr. Ryan Quarles says he believes if Kentucky “can pull of a modified Derby, [Kentucky] can pull off a modified State Fair.”
The news comes after the State Fair Board submitted a proposal to Gov. Andy Beshear that would allow a modified fair in August. Dr. Quarles says the Fair Board worked with the Kentucky Department of Agriculture to hear the concerns of the agricultural community who wish to maintain State Fair traditions while also respecting social distancing.
Dr. Quarles says he is optimistic the Fair Board will be able to have a “meaningful back and forth” with Gov. Beshear and his administration regarding the State Fair, which he calls a “signature event” for rural communities.
(This story was originally published on May 28, 2020)
- Jay Burgett steps down at Madisonville North Hopkins
- Colorful light experience coming to downtown Evansville this weekend
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- Why car prices are skyrocketing – and may not fall for a while
- Road safety near some Kentucky schools to be improved