NORTONVILLE, Ky. (WEHT) — Kentucky State Police in Hopkins County are warning residents of a new phone scam that is active in the area.
The first scam comes from someone claiming to be from AT&T in an attempt to get the resident to send $1,000 via Ebay cards as a means to lower their monthly bill.
The second scam is the same premise except the caller claims they are from Amazon. They are requesting Google Play cards.
KSP reminds residents to never share their Social Security Number or personal information online or over the phone.
They add legitimate businesses will never ask to be paid in any sort of gift card.
To report a possible scam, please call 888-432-9257 or fill out a complaint form online at ag.ky.gov.
(This story was originally published on September 15, 2020)
- Vigil held to remember crash victims
- University of Evansville honors former student and New York City 9/11 firefighter
- Lawsuit filed against Gibson County Area Plan Commission
- Vanderburgh County Sheriff: shots fired call to Dogtown Tavern is classified as a police action shooting, 2 arrested
- Hardwood Booster Club food booth open for business