First responder vehicles throughout Posey County will be equipped with a total of 26 AEDs.
This is a result of a $25,000 grant awarded through the Posey County Community Foundation from the Smithville-Posey Rural Health Grant Initiative.
Deaconess HeartSaver was responsible for additional contributions.
“In the event of a sudden cardiac arrest, emergency personnel are often first on the scene. With an AED in the vehicle, lives can be saved,” said Mark Moore of Deaconess Foundation.
A special presentation of the AEDs (automated external defibrillators) and training for first responders will take place today at 5 p.m. at the Deaconess Gateway Hospital Conference Center.
AEDs will be presented to the following organizations:
- Black Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Griffin-Bethel Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Marrs Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Mt. Vernon Fire Department
- New Harmony Volunteer Fire Department
- Point Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Poseyville Fire Department
- Smith Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Wadesville-Center Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Posey County Sheriff Department
- Poseyville Town Marshall
- Posey County EMT