SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — Hundreds of people showed up to a veteran’s funeral in Sarasota after learning the man had no family.
Edward K. Pearson passed August 31. He was 80 years old.
Because Pearson had no immediate family to come to his funeral, the public is welcome to attend.
His public service will be held Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 12:30 p.m. at the Sarasota National Cemetery.
The cemetery is located at 9810 State Road 72 in Sarasota.
- Passenger seriously injured in crash, driver facing OWI charges
- Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class action lawsuit
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- Woman wins over $302K playing slot machine at Las Vegas airport
- American Rescue Plan hits the House floor as lawmakers split along party lines