SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — Hundreds of people showed up to a veteran’s funeral in Sarasota after learning the man had no family.
Edward K. Pearson passed August 31. He was 80 years old.
Because Pearson had no immediate family to come to his funeral, the public is welcome to attend.
His public service will be held Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 12:30 p.m. at the Sarasota National Cemetery.
The cemetery is located at 9810 State Road 72 in Sarasota.
- ISP: Arrest warrant issued in connection with 2016 murder investigation
- Pistons on Franklin has been sold
- Burn Ban lifted in Webster and Hopkins Counties
- Gov. Pritzker, IDOT announce ‘Rebuild Illinois’ road, bridge projects
- Frontier League announces 2020 schedule; Otters’ opening weekend is set for May 15-17