INDIANA (WEHT) U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao announced more than $1.2 billion in airport safety and infrastructure grants through the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to 405 airports in 50 states and six U.S. territories.
The department is also awarding $2,188,911 to Evansville Regional to improve a safety area, update a terminal building and rehabilitate a taxiway. Earlier this year, EVV received nearly $20M from the Federal Aviation Administration through the recently passed CARES act.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 1, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- EVSC and VCHD to host vaccine clinics at area high schools
- Warning lights installed at Hwy 65 Boonville-New Harmony Rd intersection
- Where are they on that project: Apollo High School expansion
- Purdue Extension announces Add a Row produce share program
- Kentucky schools inform families of “redo” school year option