SPENCER COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) — After more than two hours of deliberation, a Spencer County jury delivered a guilty verdict for Alan Bennett on Tuesday.
Police were called to the 6200 block of North Highland Rd. in Grandview in March, 2019. Investigators say Bennett and Bowman were living together at the time.
Bowman died from a gun shot wound to her head, while Bennett spent several days in the hospital after turning the gun on himself.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 13.
Prosecutors for the case say they are asking for a 45 to 65 year sentence.
(This story was originally published on Sept. 15, 2020)
- Local leaders, officials react to Breonna Taylor developments
- UE to boost online education with Lilly Endowment
- Mayor Winnecke, Vanderburgh Co. Health Dept, local hospital systems speak on COVID-19
- Indiana enters final stage of reopening plan
- Walmart to add 20,000 seasonal jobs. Here’s how you can apply