SPENCER CO., Ind. (WEHT)- Alan Bennett, the man convicted of murdering Linda Bowman in 2019, was sentenced to 65 years in prison by a Spencer County judge Tuesday.
A jury took more than two hours to deliver the guilty verdict in September. The case dates back over 18 months, to March 2019 when police were called to a Grandview home where Bennett and Bowman were living together.
Bowman died from a gunshot wound to the head while Bennett survived his injuries after spending several days in the hospital. Prosecutors asked for a sentence between 45 and 65 years in prison.
(This story was originally published on October 13, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Fate of Ellis Park could be in jeopardy after Kentucky Supreme Court decision
- Local veterans get help from U.S. Veterans Center
- Route chosen for new I-69 bridge
- Henderson City Commission hears proposed law to deprioritize marijuana enforcement
- Social media posts urge caution near Owensboro tent city