SPENCER CO., Ind. (WEHT)- Alan Bennett, the man convicted of murdering Linda Bowman in 2019, was sentenced to 65 years in prison by a Spencer County judge Tuesday.
A jury took more than two hours to deliver the guilty verdict in September. The case dates back over 18 months, to March 2019 when police were called to a Grandview home where Bennett and Bowman were living together.
Bowman died from a gunshot wound to the head while Bennett survived his injuries after spending several days in the hospital. Prosecutors asked for a sentence between 45 and 65 years in prison.
(This story was originally published on October 13, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Andy Beshear gives daily COVID-19 update
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Pritzker holds a press conference
- Water Utility, Public Works Dept. remind property owners not to put leaves in street
- Drive-thru Trunk or Treat for kids and car enthusiasts
- Old National Bank to begin renovations on 123 Main building