OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT) – The relighting of Owensboro’s blue bridge is nearly half finished.
According to city officials, contractors should be done with the west side of the bridge by the end of this month. The entire project could be finished as soon as late September.
Contractors started adding new lights on the bridge as part of a $2 million effort to make the bridge brighter at night.
Parts of one lane of the bridge remain closed while work continues.
(This story was originally published on July 23, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: EPD Officer Phil Smith
- Local hospitals say COVID-19 vaccine could come within weeks
- Vanderburgh County Health Department to get help with inspections
- Vanderburgh County Commission continues process to bring broadband internet to rural homes
- Habitat for Humanity to celebrate completion of second biggest home