Authorities have discovered a body in the area where a 20-year-old man was last seen when the boat he was on sunk into the Ohio River near English Park in Owensboro.The body was found around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
On Monday, Owensboro Police were called just before 2:00 a.m. about a boat taking on water. Police said based on statements at the scene, five boaters were on board a boat that began to take on water. Four people were able to swim safely to shore, but crews were searching for the fifth man.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- First exhibits open at Jasper Cultural Center
- Several Evansville apartment residents still waiting for utility assistance
- Vanderburgh County Health Department increases COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- NCAA launches ‘mask madness’ initiative
- ISP recommends keeping your distance driving in winter weather