Authorities have discovered a body in the area where a 20-year-old man was last seen when the boat he was on sunk into the Ohio River near English Park in Owensboro.The body was found around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
On Monday, Owensboro Police were called just before 2:00 a.m. about a boat taking on water. Police said based on statements at the scene, five boaters were on board a boat that began to take on water. Four people were able to swim safely to shore, but crews were searching for the fifth man.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 11, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Fence now up around old Holy Trinity Church
- Unity rally held in Madisonville
- First COVID-19 death reported at Morganfield nursing home
- Mushrooms linked to salmonella outbreaks in 10 states
- Human Rights Defense Center files lawsuit against Henderson County and jail officials