EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – Following a water main break on Thursday, a boil advisory was issued for the following areas:
- S. Posey Co. Line Rd.: from W. Lloyd Expressway south to Old Mt. Vernon Rd.
- W Summit Dr.: from Posey Co. Line Rd. east to deadend including Wilderness Ct.
- Strueh Hendricks Rd.: from S. Posey Co. Line Rd. east to Broadway Ave. including Willow Creek Subdivision and McDowell Rd.
- Broadway Ave.: from S. Posey Co. Line Rd. east to 10,200 Broadway Ave.
- Old Mt. Vernon Rd.: from W. Franklin Rd west to S. Posey Co. Line Rd.
EVANSVILLE, In. (WEHT) — EWSU crews are working to make repairs to a water main break that occurred Wednesday night south of Broadway Avenue on Posey County Line Road.
The break impacted around 200-300 customers, including homes in the Willow Creek Subdivision.
At this time, the break has been isolated and water has been restored most homes, except 5-to-6 customers.
Crews are in the process of locating gas and water lines so repairs can begin. Once repairs begin, it is expected to take most of the day to complete.
A precautionary boil advisory will be issued once the area affected is determined.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available from EWSU.
(This story was originally published on October 17, 2019)