EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Another Evansville business owner has fallen victim to a catalytic converter theft.
The owner of Karen’s Upscale Resale Furniture says she discovered something was wrong with the vehicle’s exhaust system when she started her company’s van Thursday morning. Further inspection revealed the catalytic converter had been cut from the vehicle.
She says the vehicle had been parked in the lot Tuesday evening and believes the theft occurred sometime Tuesday night or Wednesday. $2000 is the estimated cost to have the catalytic converter replaced.
No arrests have been made at this time.
(This story was originally published on December 12, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Proposal to pay homeless to get COVID-19 vaccine draws concerns
- Mt. Vernon High School cancels prom
- Former baseball players and current Tri-State residents speak out on Hank Aaron’s impact
- Local pro-life activists protest on 48th anniversary of Roe V. Wade decision
- Evansville Police continue investigating shooting of teenager