GREENVILLE, Ky (WEHT) Thomas Simpson, 49, has been indicted on two counts of murder, and DUI 1st offense. The charges stem from an accident in the summer of 2019 that took the lives of two women.
On July 1, 2019, Kentucky State Police say Simpson was headed southbound on US 431 when he crossed into the northbound lanes and struck a vehicle head-on. Karen Leach, 53, and Linda Embry, 79, both of Greenville, were killed in the crash. Simpson is being held in the Muhlenberg County Jail.
(This story was originally published on June 22, 2020)
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
- Suspect, persons of interest wanted after shooting inside Opry Mills Mall
- EPD releases body cam video in manhunt investigation
- Birdseye woman found guilty in death of man beaten with a baseball bat
- Former Indiana State Senator accused of breaking campaign finance laws
- Driver charged in deaths of mother, two children out on bond