NEWBURGH, Ind. (WEHT)- A ceremony was held at Old Lock and Dam Park in Newburgh to celebrate burying utility lines, which officials say improves the park’s beauty and improves the view of the nearby Ohio River.
The ceremony also thanked Russ and Debbie Welder for providing the funding needed to bury the utility lines. The utility line burial is part of a construction project for the nearby amphitheater, which is set to open in the coming weeks.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Fence now up around old Holy Trinity Church
- Unity rally held in Madisonville
- First COVID-19 death reported at Morganfield nursing home
- Mushrooms linked to salmonella outbreaks in 10 states
- Human Rights Defense Center files lawsuit against Henderson County and jail officials