EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — An overnight police chase that began in Warrick County has ended with two crashes in Evansville.
The chase began just before 3 a.m. Thursday, when Warrick County authorities began chasing two vehicles.
Both vehicles would later be confirmed as stolen.
The chase carried over into Evansville, where one of the cars crashed at Lincoln Avenue and Newburgh Road, hitting a pole, and causing wires to fall.
The driver, Marcus Green, 18, was taken into custody, and transported to a hospital and released. Green was booked in the Warrick County Jail Thursday.
The second vehicle involved continued leading authorities on a chase through parts of Evansville, before crashing into the Embassy Apartments on Hatfield Drive.
The impact put a large hole into the side of the building.
Police tell said the damage is cosmetic, and no one had to be evacuated from the apartments.
The driver of that car ran away and has yet to be found.
One vehicle was stolen from Newburgh, and the other was stolen from Evansville.
Green has been charged with several crimes including auto theft, resisting with a vehicle, drug possession, reckless driving, and unauthorized entry into a vehicle. Police say more charges are expected pending further investigation.
(This story was originally published on December 3, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- Health experts answer your COVID-19 vaccine questions Thursday in special live broadcast
- New owner wants to return Yellow Banks Rec Center to former glory
- 3,733 new coronavirus cases, 64 additional deaths reported by ISDH
- ABC 25 Local Lifestyles – Rehabilitation and Performance Center (01/21/21)