EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Police said a registered sex offender has been charged with kidnapping after he was found with a 7-year-old boy in Evansville.

According to an arrest affidavit, the mother told police that Willie Henderson Jr. came by her house Saturday morning and her children let him in.

The mother said Henderson used to date a woman that lived nearby.

Police said the mother was preoccupied with watching the other children when she heard Henderson’s motorcycle start outside. She then noticed one of her children was gone. According to police, the mother tried to call Henderson several times but he did not answer. She then called 911.

Officers said they tried to locate Henderson but his cell phone was turned off.

Police said they were able to get surveillance video that showed Henderson with the child on his motorcycle.

The suspect, identified as Willie Henderson Jr., with the missing child.

Police said they were able to find him and the child in the 400 block of Congress about 4 hours after the child went missing.

According to police, the child said Henderson stopped by the house and asked him and his brother if they wanted to take a ride. His brother did not want to but he did.

Officers said the child was burned on his leg by the motorcycle engine.

Police also said that Henderson bought the child gifts including clothing and shoes.

The child’s mother told police she was busy giving another child a bath when Henderson said he was going to leave to go to the gas station and get a new phone. Shortly after, she heard his motorcycle start.

Police said Henderson admitted to taking the child to Eastland Mall and said he has permission from the mother.

Police said his story varied but he denied abducting the child.

Henderson is a registered sex offender.

He was booked into the Vanderburgh County Jail and charged with kidnapping.

In 2002, Henderson was found guilty of child molesting and sexual misconduct with a minor.

He was sentenced to 15 years in prison. The Indiana Department of Correction’s website shows he was released in 2016.

Next: Driver in critical condition after three-vehicle crash in Daviess Co.