Those who knew Gardner, like Rachel Evans and Lindsey Wilson, remembered Gardner as someone with a bright personality and a friend. Evans said they could share deep conversations about a range of topics, including her faith.
We would talk through life’s hardest questions. Like what is my purpose, who is God, and does my crush like me?Rachel Evans
Wilson says the church came together to help people cope with the tragedy in a safe way.
We knew that Lilly was so well-loved and supported so really our team, our staff here came together decided this was the best thing to help these students grieve in a safe way.Lindsey Wilson
Sunday’s vigil featured music, a candle lighting ceremony, prayer, and a slideshow featuring pictures of Gardner from the church and those who knew her best. Services for Gardner will be held Wednesday, with a visitation starting at noon and a funeral at 6:00 p.m.
(This story was originally published on November 1, 2020)
- EPD will not require officers to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Several changes coming to Vanderburgh Superior Court beginning Monday
- Evansville officials encourage residents to ‘love local’ businesses
- Old National Events Plaza receives national award
- Eligibility rules for Daviess Co. bar and restaurant fund explained