HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT) – On their website, City of Henderson officials say they will resume parking enforcement in the downtown area on Tuesday, May 26.
After the city’s state of emergency was declared during the pandemic — retail businesses are reopening and restaurants are now allowing limited in-person dining — Henderson is now resuming the enforcement of three-hour parking in the Central Business District.
The city reminds drivers that free parking is available in 3-hour increments in the numbered spaces downtown.
Additionally, all-day free parking is available in several downtown areas, including South Elm Street from Center Street to Washington Street adjacent to Central Park, Washington Street from Elm Street to Water Street, and the north side of Third Street from Water Street to Main Street.
(This story was originally published on May 21, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS NEWS
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – Memorial Day
- Effigy of Governor Beshear displayed near Kentucky Capitol
- Cemeteries prepare for Memorial Day
- Coronavirus slams couple struggling to feed young daughter
- Memorial Day weekend draws crowds and triggers warnings