OWENSBORO, Ky (WEHT) Big Rivers Electric announced on Wednesday they are relocating their headquarters to Owensboro. Their headquarters are currently in Henderson.
The new headquarters will be built at 700 W 2nd Street between Walnut St. and Elm. Big Rivers will spend about $10M to construct the building. Company officials are hopeful the project will be complete within 18-24 months.
Big Rivers headquarters operation employs 120 employees with an annual payroll of $14 million.
“We’re excited about the opportunity to be apart of a vibrant downtown community and area we see down here in Owensboro, and we want to be an economic engine to bring even more jobs to Owensboro and Daviess County, and we think we’ll be able to do that,” said Big Rivers CEO and President Bob Berry.
(This story was originally published on November 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Daviess County Jail limiting visitors due to COVID outbreak
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left