UPDATE: The road reopened just before 9:30 p.m. Friday.
MUHLENBERG CO, Ky (WEHT) According to KYTC, a tanker truck carrying crude oil overturned about a 1.5 miles from the Ohio County line.
Both east bound lanes have been closed for several hours and the parkway is expected to remain closed for a few more hours.
A detour has been established using Exit 58. Turn right onto US 431 north, take US 62 east to Ohio County/Beaver Dam, and US 231 to get back on the Western Kentucky Parkway.
(This story was originally published on September 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Evansville Otters accepting 2021 game day staff applications
- KC’s Timeout Lounge closed for 7 days per the health department
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Wanted felon crashes vehicle, runs away, leaves puppy behind
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville