UPDATE: The road reopened just before 9:30 p.m. Friday.
MUHLENBERG CO, Ky (WEHT) According to KYTC, a tanker truck carrying crude oil overturned about a 1.5 miles from the Ohio County line.
Both east bound lanes have been closed for several hours and the parkway is expected to remain closed for a few more hours.
A detour has been established using Exit 58. Turn right onto US 431 north, take US 62 east to Ohio County/Beaver Dam, and US 231 to get back on the Western Kentucky Parkway.
(This story was originally published on September 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: City Commissioners Pam Smith-Wright and Larry Conder
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: Mayor Tom Watson and Dracin Williams
- Long time Henderson buffet closing temporarily
- Man accused of killing Fairfield teenager pleads not guilty in first court appearance
- WATCH LIVE: Second Indiana gubernatorial debate 2020