DAVIESS CO., Ky (WEHT) As business starts to reopen, the Daviess County Fiscal Court will be distributing 3-ply surgical masks for free to businesses having 50 or less employees.
The masks will be for businesses that are reopening on May 11 per Gov. Beshear’s reopening schedule.
Eligible business types subject to the May 11, 2020 date include manufacturing, construction, vehicle and vessel dealerships, professional services (at 50% of pre-outbreak capacity), horse racing (without spectators), pet grooming and boarding.
Additionally, businesses that are currently open having 50 or less employees that did not receive masks in prior distributions will be eligible for the program.
Business owners will need to schedule a time to come and pickup the masks. Beginning Wednesday at 8 a.m., you can call 270-685-8456 (choose either Road Department, Engineering or Parks Department options). Upon pickup, for verification, you will be asked to provide a current copy your Owensboro/Daviess Co. Occupational Business License.
The pickup location will be the Daviess Co. Operations Center, 2620 Highway 81, Owensboro, KY 42301 and, as the number of masks is limited, masks will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
(This story was originally published on May 5, 2020)
LATEST CORONAVIRUS WATCH NEWS:
- McLean schools moving to virtual as COVID cases spike
- Winnecke’s executive order on gatherings goes into effect today
- Trump: ‘People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots’
- Twitter blocks tweet from Trump adviser downplaying masks
- 1 in 4 US workers have considered quitting their jobs amid pandemic worries, poll finds