EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Downtown Evansville is now home to a new Deaconess facility.
The new building, located at 120 SE 4th Street, is near the Stone Family Center of Health Services.
It features specialty care, lab and radiology services.
The building will also be home to clinical research for several institutes, including the IU School of Medicine- Evansville.
Deaconess Health CEO Shawn McCoy says this is a big opportunity for the community and the region.
“This will serve as a not only a hub for medical care for the local population here in downtown, but also a regional population. We still have patients that drive from other states that come see their doctors here,” McCoy said.
A new Deaconess Express clinic is scheduled to be on the first floor of the building later this year.
(This story was originally published on July 7, 2020)
- Boil advisory in Muhlenberg County due to Watermain break overnight
- South Spencer prepares for sectionals after abrupt end last year
- Cattle loose on I-64 in Gibson County, roads closed
- Man arrested, charged after allegedly slamming and hitting dog
- Owensboro Innovation Academy starts new Esports program