(WEHT)- Rhondalyn Randolph of the Owensboro NAACP chapter plans to meet with Daviess County officials over a statue located outside of the county courthouse.
Randolph says the organization wants the statue moved from the courthouse grounds. A similar effort to remove the statue failed in 2017.
A debate over a Confederate statue in Madisonville is still ongoing, with one petition calling for its removal and one requesting to keep it outside of the old county courthouse. The statue was placed in 1908.
(This story was originally published on June 10, 2020)
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total
- Neighbors alert homeowner of gun theft
- Henderson Co. soccer forced to forfeit semi-state game
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US