PIKE COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT)- The Indiana Department of Environmental Management says crews worked to clean up a diesel fuel spill in the White River.
Authorities say the fuel was released from the AES Petersburg Power Generating Plant sometime overnight and was discovered Thursday morning. While the spill has reportedly been stopped, officials recommend avoiding this part of the river until the petroleum sheen and odor dissipates.
(This story was originally published on Aug. 6, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Fence now up around old Holy Trinity Church
- Unity rally held in Madisonville
- First COVID-19 death reported at Morganfield nursing home
- Mushrooms linked to salmonella outbreaks in 10 states
- Human Rights Defense Center files lawsuit against Henderson County and jail officials