EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — Vanderburgh Central Dispatch tells Eyewitness News a person was injured after a lightning strike at Berry Global.
An ambulance was called to the business just after 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say one person working on the roof at the time of the lightning strike has been taken to the hospital for treatment.
The extent of their injuries are unknown at this time.
Eyewitness News is working to get more information.
On Thursday, Berry Global issued the following statement:
On July 8, 2020, an individual was involved in an incident which resulted in an injury at a warehouse Berry leases in Evansville, Indiana. The injured person was not a Berry employee. The injured person was an employee of a company contracted by the building owner to perform work at the site.
Berry’s thoughts are with the injured individual and his family and friends.
(This story was originally published on July 8, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Church community gathers for stricken pastor
- Health officials report positive COVID-19 cases at Tell City nursing home
- Dispatch: Vehicle hits Evansville home
- State: COVID-19 outbreak reported at McLean Co. nursing home
- COVID-19 death reported in Henderson Co.