Dog dies in Evansville house fire

Local News

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – An Evansville family escaped a house fire Friday morning, but one dog died.

Firefighters were called to the 1400 block of Brookside Dr. around 6 a.m.

Investigators said the fire started on a mattress in an upstairs bedroom.

The bedroom and upstairs were damaged by smoke and fire.

No one was hurt.

Officials believe the fire was accidental.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the tri-state, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

This story was originally published on July 12, 2019

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.