EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- University of Evansville associate professor of political science and Eyewitness News guest political analyst Dr. Robert Dion issued the following statement after the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
“There will never be another justice like Ruth Bader Ginsburg. During the women’s movement of the 1970s, she was probably the most consequential advocate of women’s rights before the Court.
And she continued to be a strong voice for equality after she was named to the Supreme Court by Bill Clinton. Most Americans can’t name a single Supreme Court justice, but Justice Ginsburg has stood out for years as a household name and a hero to so many people.
The looming question, of course, is will there be an effort to fill the vacancy on the Court quickly when we have just over six weeks left before a presidential election?”
(This story was originally published on Sept. 18, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Evansville Otters accepting 2021 game day staff applications
- KC’s Timeout Lounge closed for 7 days per the health department
- Vanderburgh County Health Department discusses weekend concert
- Wanted felon crashes vehicle, runs away, leaves puppy behind
- Police investigate crash after pursuit in Evansville