DUBOIS CO., Ind (WEHT) The Dubois County Sheriff’s Office says a teenager lost control around a curve, overcorrected, and went off the road and overturned.
It happened on Ferdinand Road NW between Ferdinand and Huntingburg Friday around 6:45 a.m. A deputy had pulled over a car for a traffic stop when a passing driver alerted him to an overturned vehicle about a half mile away.
Authorities say the 19-year-old was wearing a seat belt, and was not injured. However, the driver was trapped, and crews had to use extrication equipment to pry the door open so he could get out. The road was closed for about an hour while a wrecker towed the vehicle.
(This story was originally published on June 19, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Colorful light experience coming to downtown Evansville this weekend
- Road safety near some Kentucky schools to be improved
- Restarting tourism with the arrival of a riverboat in Henderson
- Ohio County man charged with rape, sexual abuse of a child under 16
- Clinics see decrease in COVID-19 vaccination appointments