GIBSON COUNTY, Ind. (WEHT) – Every three years, Duke Energy creates an Integrated Resource Plan based on guidelines from the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission. Duke Energy announced Friday that the 2018-2037 Integrated Resource Plan calls for moving up retirement dates for five coal-fired units in Gibson County.
- Unit 1—630 MW Advancing retirement from 2041 to 2038; 19 remaining years of operation
- Unit 2—630 MW Advancing retirement from 2040 to 2038; 19 remaining years of operation
- Unit 3—630 MW Advancing retirement from 2043 to 2034; 15 remaining years of operation
- Unit 4—622 MW Advancing retirement from 2044 to 2026; 7 remaining years of operation
- Unit 5—620 MW Advancing retirement from 2047 to 2034; 15 remaining years of operation
Duke Energy said the plan is a road map to meet energy needs using a diverse mix of power generation resources.
These plans are not final decisions, Duke Energy emphasized.