EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) — One person has been taken to the hospital after an early Wednesday morning shooting in Evansville.
It happened shortly after 3, in front of the Embassy Apartments on Hatfield Drive, just east of Vann Avenue.
Police say the victim was shot in the back/neck area, and has been taken into surgery.
Officers say, because of that, they have not yet been able to speak to the victim to get details on the shooting.
Police are currently looking for three potential suspects, who they say were seen running into an empty field when they heard the sirens.
This is a developing story, and we’ll keep you update on-air and online as new details come in.
(This story was originally published on September 23, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS
- Wayne’s Detailed Forecast – Click HERE
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: City Commissioners Pam Smith-Wright and Larry Conder
- ADHD awareness month, Part 1: Early signs and diagnosis
- Meet the candidates for Owensboro Mayor: Mayor Tom Watson and Dracin Williams
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident