EFD: Fire at Greer’s Flooring America started as spontaneous reaction


EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – A fire at Greer’s Flooring America Friday is being called accidental by the Evansville Fire Department.

We’re told a person passing by called the fire in, saying there was smoke coming from closed garage doors.

Fire officials said the fire was difficult to find, but was quickly put out once it was located.

Officials believe the accidental fire started in a plastic trash can where a variety of used cleaning materials caused a spontaneous reaction.

We’re told there was light fire damage, but heavy smoke and heat damage to the upper half of the two story warehouse.

No one was injured.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the
Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on September 28, 2019)

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories