EFD: Fire started after lithium battery in hoverboard exploded

Local

EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) – Evansville firefighters responded to a house fire on Wednesday night that they say was caused by a hoverboard exploding.

Firefighters responded at Carpenter Court Apartments on Iowa Street just before midnight. People in the apartment were able to use water and a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. Officials say no one was hurt or displaced.

Firefighters say the fire started when a lithium battery in a hoverboard exploded.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories