EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT)- Vanderburgh County Dispatch says emergency crews responded to an apartment fire on the 2900 block of Ravenswood Drive on Evansville’s east side around 9:30 Sunday morning.
According to the Evansville Fire Department, the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, from a discarded cigarette. No injuries were reported among the firefighters or the building’s residents. However, one cat died and another ran away.
Authorities say damage was limited to the apartment where the fire started but the building sustained minor smoke damage and some residents are “most likely displaced.”
(This story was originally published on March 1, 2020)