OWENSBORO, Ky (WEHT) Spectra has announced the cancellation of Energy on Ice for 2020. The outdoor synthetic ice skating rink located on McConnell Plaza was originally scheduled to open this Thanksgiving weekend.
“In coordination with the City of Owensboro, we determined that with the new COVID mandates currently in place, we cannot present the holiday atmosphere as was envisioned for this event,” stated Spectra’s General Manager, Laura Alexander. “Capacity on the ice would now be even more limited, and too much would be taken away from the inaugural year of this event to try and move forward.”
Spectra looks forward to working with Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Atmos Energy, Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, and the Staton Family Foundation to offer Energy On Ice in 2021 for the Owensboro community.
(This story was originally published on November 25, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left
- Owensboro teachers, staff to receive COVID-19 vaccine next week