EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Evansville Dispatch received a call around 9:54 p.m. Friday reporting a shooting in the 2500 block of Pollack Ave.
The victim, a male juvenile, had been shot in the abdomen but had been transported to the hospital before officers could arrive.
The victim’s father was still at the scene but was unable to provide officers with any information on a suspect. He told officers his son stepped outside and when he returned he could see he had been shot.
Police were unable to speak with the victim because he was immediately taken into surgery when he arrived at the hospital. He is expected to survive his injuries.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call the Evansville Police Department’s Detective Office at 812-436-7979.
(This story was originally published on November 27, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Parke stepping down as Vanderburgh County GOP Chairman
- Snow falls across the Tri-State, road crews prepare
- Psychotherapist discusses mental health during pandemic
- Groups helping homeless say most who lived at Owensboro ‘tent city’ site left
- Owensboro teachers, staff to receive COVID-19 vaccine next week