EVANSVILLE, Ind (WEHT) Just after midnight Sunday morning, officers were called to a home in the 1100 block of Oakley Street for a report of shots fired.
Officers had been told the house had been hit by several bullets. When they arrived, they spoke with the victim and located two gunshot holes in the front window.
Crimes scene was called to the area for investigation.
A few hours prior, police had been sent to a separate shots fired call just after 9 p.m. Saturday in the area of Cherry Street and Bedford Ave. Shortly after officers arrived, 24 year-old Dashonille Carter of Evansville was located and taken into custody without incident.
Carter is facing charges of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and possessing a handgun without a license.
(This story was originally published on November 22, 2020)
LATEST LOCAL NEWS:
- Brad Byrd InDEPTH: EPD Officer Phil Smith
- Local hospitals say COVID-19 vaccine could come within weeks
- Vanderburgh County Health Department to get help with inspections
- Vanderburgh County Commission continues process to bring broadband internet to rural homes
- Habitat for Humanity to celebrate completion of second biggest home