Evansville Bar Closed Following Grease Fire

Local

A popular bar on West Franklin Street is closed until further notice after a fire broke out in the kitchen Wednesday afternoon.

Crews were called to a fire at Sportsman’s around 2:30 p.m.

Firefighters say it was a grease fire that got out of control and spread to other parts of the building.

Luckily, the fire was contained pretty quickly, but there was a lot of smoke inside.

Crews opened up all the windows and used fans to try and clear the smoke.

We are told there were a few customers inside when all this started, but no one was hurt.

The bar manager was not sure when Sportsman’s would re-open.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories