Evansville’s Fraternal Order of Police has announced the following local endorsements for November’s election:
- County Commission: Ben Shoulders and Steve Melcher (both Democrats)
- County Council: Republican Joe Keifer and Democrats Ed Bassmeier and Mike Goebel
- Steve Lockyear for Coroner
- Carla Hayden for Circuit Court Clerk
- Shannon Edwards for County Clerk
The FOP’s final endorsements are for Judge Robert Pigman and Judge Richard D’Amour.
The FOP reports it’s only making endorsements in these races as they directly impact its membership’s role in public safety.
The choices come after a Candidates Night, and public interviews with Commission and Council candidates