EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – The Evansville Water & Sewer Utility’s heavy trash pick-up will start on Monday, August 12.
It’s scheduled to run through Friday, October 18.
The service is available to city residents who pay for trash with their water bill.
Apartment complexes, mobile home communities, and business/commercial customers are not eligible.
Heavy trash must be placed where the normal weekly trash is collected before 6 a.m. on the day collection is scheduled.
Items that will be collected:
- Must be rolled in sections no longer than 4 ft. and no wider than 2 ft. in diameter
Limit of five (5) rolls of carpet:
- Stereos, etc.
- NO Televisions, Computer or Accessories
There will be a limit of FIVE (5) total items from the below list:
- Sofas, tables, chairs, mattresses, box springs, dressers, bookcases etc.
- Stoves, refrigerators/freezers, washing machines, dryers, water heaters, etc.
(Refrigerants must be removed and tagged by a certified professional)
- Stereos, etc.
- NO Televisions
- NO Computers or accessories
- Limited construction/building material debris
- Must be in trash containers, etc. of such size and weight that they can be reasonably lifted by two average adults ( no boxes or plastic bags)
- NO piles or stacks of Construction/Building materials will be picked up
- NO Privacy fence sections will be picked up
- NO concrete blocks, bricks or steel poles
Items that will NOT be collected:
- Any trash that Republic Services would pick up as part of its regular residential waste collection contract
- Piles or stacks of Construction/Building materials
- Privacy fences of any kind
- Automobile parts
- Hazardous materials
- Computers or accessories
- Concrete blocks, bricks or steel poles
- Yard Waste
(This story was originally published on July 23, 2019)